County Councillor for Row Heath & District Councillor for Lakenheath
He has been a County Councillor since 2006, representing Row Heath and since 2015 he was Leader of Suffolk County Council from 2015 to 2018. Colin was re-elected for Row Heath in May 2017. Colin says: "Representing my community is a great honour and I work hard to make sure they are at the heart of the different roles I have".
As a county councillor, Colin was asked some personal questions. Here's what he said...
- If you could witness any event, what would it be? Yalta Conference 4th Feb to 11th Feb 1945
- If you could have an experience of your choice, what would it be? To play a round of golf at Augusta National
- Favourite fictional character? Doctor Who
- What is something you are really bad at? Golf
- If you could have any super power, which one would you choose? Hindsight
- What is your favourite country? Great Britain
- If you were a Star Wars character, which one would you be? Hans Solo
- What do you want people to know about you? No more than I put on Facebook
- How would you like to be remembered? That I made a difference for the better
- What’s your favourite TV show? Minder
- Who would you choose to play you in a film of your life? Sid James
- What’s your favourite quote? 'Managing is helping make happen, what is suppose to happen anyway. Leadership is making happen, what isn't going to happen anyway.' Richard Pascal
- Famous person living or dead you’d like to meet? Winston Churchill
- What is your favourite biscuit? Tiffin
- What is your favourite food? Thai
- If you could hang one painting in your living room, what would it be? A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte by Georges-Pierre Seurat
- What song would be the soundtrack to your life? Don't stop me now - Queen
Forest Heath District Councillor
Since 2011 Colin has sat on Forest Heath District Council representing Lakenheath. He has served as Chairman of the Audit Committee and now Vice Chairman of the Performance and Audit Committee.
Colin is the past Deputy Chairman (Political), Chairman and President of the West Suffolk Association, he is the former Conservative Norfolk and Suffolk Area Chairman and now Eastern Region Conservatives, Deputy Chairman Political.
Nationally Colin sits on the Community Wellbeing Board of the Local Government Association, is a Member Peer and elected to the LGA Conservative Executive. He is a past LGA Regional Conservative Peer and County Council Network spokesperson for Health and Social Care. Away from politics, Colin runs his own consultancy in Land, Planning and MMC, and is a 3rd Generation Builder.
Tel: 07504 417 929
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/Askcolinnoble
Linked-in Profile: www.uklinkedin.com/in/askcolinnoble