Tom is standing as candidate for Kentford & Moulton in the West Suffolk elections on 2nd May 2019.
Tom has lived in Newmarket for 25yrs and during this time he has run a successful Racehorse Horse Transport and Breeding business. He has previously served as an elected member on East Cambridgeshire District Council representing the Cheveley Ward 2011/15.
Tom has said he wants to be a Local Councillor to help the newly formed West Suffolk Council deliver and make decisions that best represents his prospective ward constituents. He believes to succeed this must involve the local people of all ages and backgrounds coming together enhance our community.
Tom's priorities are;
- Planning, on the way in which local developments impact on each community
- Supporting community funding and events, including sports, health and well being
- Traffic management, speed being the biggest issue
- Waste collection and recycling
- Making sure the council use of tax payers money is appropriate.
Thomas is very keen on local business growth and was very influential in setting up the ECDC Apprentice Scheme in conjunction with schools and business, introducing young students the career opportunities available to them.