I live in The Rows and I’m passionate about ensuring that our villages and communities of Beck Row, Holywell Row, Isleham Marina, Kenny Hill, and West Row do not get forgotten by the new and larger West Suffolk Council.
When I was a councillor on the former Forest Heath Council I campaigned to bring modern facilities and amenities to our part of the district and so I championed The Hub in Mildenhall so we could all enjoy its excellent services. I’m so pleased that it has now opened.
If elected to represent The Rows on West Suffolk Council I will work hard to secure the following:
- to stop speeding on our local roads: too many drivers are exceeding the 30mph limit which is a severe danger to residents, especially children,
- to control over-development in the countryside: we do need more housing for local people but large housing developments must not be built without the infrastructure for roads and community amenities,
- Supporting local community projects, like ‘The Shed’ in West Row,
- Protecting our local pubs and shops by ensuring these community assets do not close if they are ever sold,
- to strengthen our cycle and footpath networks: The Rows must not be forgotten and the Council needs to better join our villages together though creating a network of protected rural routes,
I live in The Rows and if elected I will work hard for my neighbours and my community.