Constituency Agent & Campaign Manager
Fornham St Genevieve, West Suffolk
23rd September 2019
24th & 25th September 2019
Between £22,500 and £27,500 depending on experience
We are seeking to appoint a Constituency Agent & Campaign Manager who can help us develop our campaigns across West Suffolk for local councillors and the Member of Parliament. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual who thrives on a wide-range of challenges.
This is a frontline campaigning position, where your developed interpersonal skills will be crucial. You’ll act as the Election Agent for all our candidates and ensure all legal requirements are met.
Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so you should not see this as a normal 9-5 role. You will be prepared to provide hands-on-sleeves-rolled up support and go over and beyond to get the job done.
What you will be doing
- Develop an on-going programme of political activities
- Recruit volunteers and build campaign teams
- Lead our voter contact programme
- Liaise with and support all candidates and sitting local politicians
- Support an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
- Organise high-profile political meetings and events
- Create a comprehensive fundraising programme
- Produce local Party literature and build a delivery network
- Maintain and expand a presence on multiple social media platforms
- Execute a full “get out the vote” operation on polling day
What we are looking for
- A well organised and proactive person with a professional attitude
- Able to take ownership for fulfilling tasks and meeting deadlines
- An effective and diplomatic communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Solid motivation skills, able to inspire colleagues and Party volunteers
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
What we will provide
- A full campaigning and Agent training programme
- Benefits, which include 28 days annual leave including bank holidays increasing by 5 days after one year’s service, a pension.
- Successful candidates will receive a salary in the range of £22,500 to £27,500, dependent on skills and experience.
How to apply:
Please download our application form at the bottom of this page.
There you can also download the job description.
Then, please submit the application form electoronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to The Chairman, West Suffolk Conservatives, 1 Park Farm Cottage, Fornham St Genevieve, Suffolk, IP28 6TS by 16th September at the latest (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
DOWNLOAD THE FORMS BELOW
|Job Description||872.24 KB|
|Application Form||795 KB|